SRF2017 is dedicated to providing a non-discrimination and harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Harassment of conference participants in any form will not be tolerated. Conference participants violating this rule may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
- offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion
- sexual images in public spaces
- deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording
- sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviors are expected to comply.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviors, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social event.