1 day Tour of Ta’er Monastery
Departure 08:00 Lanzhou / Ta’er Monastery (250 km from Lanzhou)
The Ta'er Monastery ( Kumbum in Tibetan) is a religious center of the Yellow Hat Sect of Tibetan Buddhism, located in Huangzhong of Qinghai Province, 25 kilometers (about 16 miles) away from the capital city of Qinghai Province - Xining. In order to commemorate Tsong Khapa (1357-1419), founder of the Yellow Hat Sect, the Ta'er Monastery was built in 1577 more than 150 years after his death. Now the Ta'er Monastery is considered a sacred place in China and there more than 1000 Tibetan Monks.
2 days Tour of Qinghai Lake and Ta’er Monastery
D1 Departure 07:30 Lanzhou / Qinghai Lake overnight at Xining.
D2.Visit Ta'er Monastery and then come back to Lanzhou.
Qinghai Lake is the largest lake in People's Republic of China. Located in Qinghai province on an endorheic basin, Qinghai Lake is classified as asaline and alkaline lake. Both the current Chinese name "Qinghai" and the older Mongolian name Kokonor translate to "Blue Lake" or "Teal Sea", are used in English. Qinghai Lake is located about 100 kilometers (62 mi) west of the provincial capital of at 3,205 m (10,515 feet) above sea level in adepression of the Tibetan plateau.Twenty-three rivers and streams empty into Qinghai Lake, most of them seasonal. Five permanent streams provide 80% of total influx. The lake has fluctuated in size, shrinking over much of the 20th century, but increasing since 2004. Despite its salinity, it has an abundance of fish, such as the edible naked carp .
2 days tour to Xiahe ( Labrang monastery and pasture )
D1.Bus to Xiahe and enjoy the pasture overnight at Xiahe.
D2.Visit Labrang monastery and then come back to Lanzhou.
Labrang is located in Xiahe of Gannan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, in the traditional Tibetan area of Amdo. Xiahe is located about 5 hours from the city of Lanzhou, the capital of Gansu. The monastery was founded in 1709 by the first Jamyang Zhaypa, Ngawang Tsondru, it is one of the largest Buddhist monastic universities. The monastery complex dominates the northern part of the village. The white walls and golden roofs feature a blend of Tibetan and Han architectural styles.
The monastery contains 18 halls, six institutes of learning, a golden stupa, a sutra debate area, and houses nearly 60,000 sutras. It housed 3,000 monks. Like so many religious institutions, it suffered during the Cultural Revolution; and the monks were sent to their villages to work. After it was reopened in 1980, many of the monks returned.